Terms and Conditions
|Hosting Services Agreement||Download (PDF)|
|Changes to Hosting Service Agreement||February 23, 2018 (PDF)|
|Collocation Services Agreement||Download (PDF)|
Hosting plans will automatically be renewed until the plan is cancelled.
In order to cancel a service, please contact Clara Online Customer Support (Weekdays 10:00-18:00 JST).
International customers may contact Clara Online via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clara Online's customer support team will assist you with the cancellation process. Cancellation requests must be submitted at least one month before the contractual renewal date. In addition, please note that there are no pro-rated refunds after the first 30 days of service.
- 1. Personal information we receive from you
- Clara Online requires certain information from you so that you can use its services. It is recommended that minors receive the consent of a parent or guardian before handing over personal information.
- 2. IP addresses and cookies
- In order to better manage its websites, Clara Online automatically logs access history and IP addresses when you connect to its servers. In addition, Clara Online simultaneously collects other information such as your web browser and OS. This information is used to statistically measure the usage of Clara Online websites and to improve future usability. Your personal information will never be included in access logs.
- 3. The purpose and disclosure of personal information
- Clara Online will, to its best efforts, disclose in advance which personal information it collects and its purpose.
Personal information is mainly used for the following purposes:
- To improve Clara Online products and services
- To send you relevant information concerning new services
- To contact you at necessary times
- To statistically analyse the customer base and report internally
- 4. Sharing and reuse of personal information to third parties
- Clara Online may, on necessary occasions, disclose personal information (received from service applications on Clara Online sites) to third parties.
- 4.1. Disclosure of applicant information
- Clara Online may disclose applicant information in the following ways:
- Domain registration, domain renewal, registry migration
Clara Online may disclose necessary information to domain registration organizations. The information required for ICANN or registrars includes your name, address, telephone number and email address. In accordance with ICANN regulations, the information you provide to each registrar will be published in the WHOIS directory. All information is disclosed for the purposes of managing your domain name(s). Your personal information will not be used in an inappropriate way.
- SSL certification issuance, SSL certification renewal
Clara Online may disclose required personal information to SSL certification agencies. This data may contain details included in electronic certificates issued by certification agencies.
- Plesk applications
Clara Online is a Plesk reseller. If you choose to use Plesk, Clara Online may disclose your full name, address, telephone number, email address and other personal information to the vendor.
- Applications for servers employing RedHat OS
To register for a Red Hat license, Clara Online may disclose your server IP address, domain name, installed packages as well as personal information such as your full name to the vendor.
- Applications for antivirus services
To register for antivirus software licenses, Clara Online may disclose your current server IP address and domain name as well as personal information such as your full name to the software vendor.
- Registered IP addresses
As allocated IP addresses and hostnames are necessary for technical reasons, Clara Online may disclose personal information such as your full name to APNIC and/or JPNIC.
- ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers)
ICANN is a not-for-profit corporation responsible for the allocation and standardization of domain names and IP addresses on the internet.
- APNIC (Asia Pacific Network Information Centre)
APNIC is an organization responsible for the allocation of IP addresses for Internet Service Providers and NICs in Asia and the Pacific.
- JPNIC (Japan Network Information Center)
JPNIC is an organization responsible for the allocation of IP addresses for Internet Service Providers in Japan.
- Domain registration, domain renewal, registry migration
- 4.2. Sharing of personal information with third parties
- Clara Online may, in the following cases, share certain personal information with third parties:
- When Clara Online receives your consent to share your personal information
- When you explicitly request the sharing or disclosure of your personal information to a third party
- When Clara Online is required by law to cooperate with an official investigation by the police or other legal authority
- When getting your personal consent is not possible but company assets or lives are at risk and urgency is required.
- 5. Appropriate handling of personal information
- Clara Online implements and regularly reviews its information security measures in order to prevent loss, misuse or leakage of your personal information. All Clara Online employees sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). Furthermore, employees dealing with personal information receive full and proper training on the handling of personal information. Clara Online cannot, however, guarantee the security of the internet connection at the time when information is accessed or sent. You send personal information at your own risk.
- 6. Account services
- Your personal information may be viewed and modified by accessing account services for Clara Online sites. Your account services are protected by an ID andpassword but please manage at your own risk. Please change the password on a regular basis and avoid using passwords which are easy for others to guess (e.g. birthdays, telephone numbers).
- 7. The application of this Agreement
- 8. Continuous improvement of personal information protection
- Clara Online regularly conducts a review of its system for personal information protection. Furthermore, Clara Online updates internal rules in response to changes to its line of business, social conditions and information system advances. Clara Online also continously improves its internal handling of personal information through employee training.
- 9. Modifications
- Contact details
- Clara Online, Inc.
Email address: email@example.com